Many of my coaching clients when they start to work with me say that they want to have more fun. They realize their lives are all about work, and they have little or no time for themselves, and to spend with others, to play and have fun. So What does fun look and feel like?
What does having fun look life for me?
- Spending time in nature by myself or with people I care about
- Engaging in physical activity; e.g. swimming, cycling, hiking, kayaking, walking on the beach or by water
- Sharing time truly connecting with others; e.g. over coffee, meals or at an event/experience
- Laughing with others I feel close to; e.g. partner, family, friends
- Creating something new that will make a difference; e.g. writing a book, article, designing a program or project
- Exploring a new place (includes travel)
- Appreciating beauty; e.g. in nature, music, art, dance …
- Living life being open to possibility.
How do I feel when I’m having fun?
- in the flow
- Present (in the moment)
- Truly alive!
How does having fun relate to my top 5 core values? (For more details on values see http://creativelivingcommunity.com/do-you-live-in-alignment-with-your-core-values/). Very well indeed! My top 5 core values are:
- Making a difference
- Love of learning
I invite you to ask yourself the following 3 questions and to share your responses and thoughts below:
- What does having fun look life for you?
- How do you feel when you’re having fun?
- How does having fun relate to your top 5 core values?
Here’s to having more fun in our lives!