Many of my coaching clients when they start to work with me say that they want to have more fun. They realize their lives are all about work, and they have little or no time for themselves, and to spend with others, to play and have fun. So What does fun look and feel like?
What does having fun look life for me?
- Spending time in nature by myself or with people I care about
- Engaging in physical activity; e.g. swimming, cycling, hiking, kayaking, walking on the beach or by water
- Sharing time truly connecting with others; e.g. over coffee, meals or at an event/experience
- Laughing with others I feel close to; e.g. partner, family, friends
- Creating something new that will make a difference; e.g. writing a book, article, designing a program or project
- Exploring a new place (includes travel)
- Appreciating beauty; e.g. in nature, music, art, dance …
- Living life being open to possibility.
How do I feel when I’m having fun?
- in the flow
- Present (in the moment)
- Truly alive!
How does having fun relate to my top 5 core values? (For more details on values see http://creativelivingcommunity.com/do-you-live-in-alignment-with-your-core-values/). Very well indeed! My top 5 core values are:
- Making a difference
- Love of learning
I invite you to ask yourself the following 3 questions and to share your responses and thoughts below:
- What does having fun look life for you?
- How do you feel when you’re having fun?
- How does having fun relate to your top 5 core values?
Here’s to having more fun in our lives!
I love this post and all the self-nurturing ideas expressed! I believe having fun is essential to my mental and physical self and I love to laugh and infuse fun into all I do! For me having fun is an important way to cultivate peace and joy in the world. Thank you so much!
Hi Kelley, Thanks for your positive feedback and for sharing your experience with having fun. Good for you to “infuse fun into all (you) do”! Life is SOoo much more enjoyable when we infuse it with fun and playfulness!
I know I’m having fun when I’m laughing and my heart feels light 🙂 One of my core values is friendship – and this is when I’m getting the most laughs in – when I’m with my friends.
Hi Lea, How fun! Good friends are so precious. Thanks for sharing what it looks and feels like for you to have fun. Warmly, Pam
These are the most basic yet excellent questions that can help us clarify what we really want in our lives. Thank you for the reminder Pam.
Hi Claudia, Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Sometimes as passionate entrepreneurs we spend alot of time giving to others and put ourselves at the bottom of the list. Happy you find this post a useful reminder for us to have more fun in our lives 🙂